a ::the smoke zone::: The Code Was Lost But The Hedge Was Won

21.5.06

The Code Was Lost But The Hedge Was Won

For all you great fans of the Davinci Code, waiting with bated breath to see this masterpiece played out before you on the screen, your wait is over. However, the end has just begun. All that was good in the book has been tampered with and all of the complaints by the church are now justified. Oh screenwriter and director you broke the cardinal law of transfering text to screen you changed characters which changes everything. The fine line of noncommitment in the book that enhanced and increase suspense was lost. The well meaning, albeit misguided, clergy are now wholly evil and responsible for the atrocities they commit. The heretical piece has become blasphemous in your inapropriate additions. All is lost. We must now strive to keep people from this piece of filth they call a movie and simply turn them toward that piece of gold that is to book. Adieu

OK, enough crazy rantings about the horrible flop that is the Da Vinci Code movie on to a brighter subject, Over The Hedge. I have not been in a theater with as much laughing and a resounding aplause at the end in some time. It was wonderful. William Shattner paradying himself. Hammie's nuts. I will say no more for fear of giving to much away but is it was has steriotypically come to be called a, "must see" and the steriotype fits. Off to homework.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Hedge was a great flick, perfect for any age really. Highly recommended. A full theater helps too cause you'll get more laughs that way.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Hmmm, funny, in the reviews of the Da Vinci Code, they complained about it following the book too closely. But as I have not yet seen it, (and, yes, I DO still plan to even if it does turn out as bad as you say) I don't know.

On the other hand, ironically, it is highly unlikely that I will go see Over the Hedge. I am told it was mostly physical comedy - very appealing to children, of course.

BUT I AM VEEEEEEERY EXCITED about X-3! Yes, I am geek. Deal with it. I love the X-men and I hear even Gambit has a cameo, and Phoenix is supposed to kick ass, and there's the Angel dude too! I am so stoked.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Ah yes, X3 is my next movie. Unfortunately Gambit's not supposed to be in this one, but a small cameo would really sate lots of the fans that felt he should have been there. I'm really interested in seeing how they work in and portray shadowcat. I know she's the one that gets iceman away from rogue, which is good cause rogue is supposed to be with gambit. Bah, i guess we'll see.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Dammit, I KNOW! I was so mad that they didn't have a Gambit/Rogue thing...I guess we'll have to see how they play this, eh?

...Still so excited....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home