a ::the smoke zone::: The Road Goes Ever On and On...

21.12.07

The Road Goes Ever On and On...

I'm not looking forward to the trip from Oregon to SoCal tomorrow morning. Pretty drive and all but i've seen it all before. There's only so much of I-5 I can take. But I guess it's a tad less tiring then Daphne's round-the-world voyage she flew off on early this morning. While i'd love to do what she's doing I wouldn't do it during the winter months (Russia and winter just don't mix for travel) or in such a short time frame. By the way if you get a chance to read this at some point in your trip Daphne my dad suggests you pick up county patches for the backpack.

Anyway I'll be down in SoCal in a couple days staying at the beach house in Laguna. I'll be contacting the California pair(fair warning you two) to see if we can't meet up or, possibly, have you down for a night at the beach. We'll have the room and it's no trouble on our end.

If that doesn't work out I'd like to wish each of you a happy holidays and a prosperous new year! Best of wishes and make those resolutions last.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Funny, I too drove to California. Well, Cali plus Nevada. I'm at Tahoe currently; just got there today.

But the 15-hour drive was not fun.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Huh, I was an hour or two south of Tahoe just the other day. My grandparents live south of there. But i'm down south of LA now on the beach. We've just finished opening presents and people are starting to drift away. The moms went to make christmas dinner and the other guys are discussing conspiricy theory in the other room. I got the new John Fogerty album so i've retreated to listen and wander the net. Merry Christmas everyone!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Ralikat said...

We're currently tucked away in the Massachusettian snow. It was wonderful until this morning, when Widge threw up in a target bag in the car while I was driving, which resulted in both windows down at 11 degrees traveling at 60 miles per hour, trying to vent the smell of vomit so that I - the driver - didnt throw up as well.

No fun.

So now Widge is sleepy-sleepy and I'm webby-webbing in hopes that he feels up to our henna party tonight.

But at least we've got a funny story out of it.

Oh, and we get back into LA on the 5th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home