a ::the smoke zone::

15.7.09

I don't think anyone uses this forum anymore.
Might it be due to facebook? Or, might it be due to the fact that we talk more often these days?

Perhaps, this forum has become obsolete.
I'd like to hear some feedback.
Is this place still useful, beneficial, accessible, necessary?
Or, have we all moved on from here, from these silly ruminations, from these considerations, from this form of sharing?
Was it more applicabale when the team was spread across vast spaces?
Was it more beneficial when we were less established as we are?

Might it be useful in the future, should we go our seperate ways again?
Or, should the use come up, would it be better to start anew - fresh, from wherever it is we are when the use arrives?

Shall we sign our names and call this the denoument? Or, is this a pause, a break in the narrative we still feel a need to tell?

I feel like most blogs have gone out of vogue. Is it the same here?

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

I personally haven't checked any of the blogs in over a week.

I suppose it comes down to what you're writing about. Facebook is good for short little blurbs or for writing to a single friend. Personal blogs are still good for longer ruminations if people are so inclined.

This group blog, however, has become a bit antiquated. Part of it's because we are all so close now and see each other more often. We're also older and thus may have grown out of "it" to some extent.

Despite its lack of current use however I do believe it would be wise to at least keep it up. As you said if the time ever came when our ways split once more a group blog would probably become useful again.

I don't know if i'll keep my own up or not since I never really used it like you more thoughtful people do...but time will tell.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

The lack of comments and enthusiasm (thank you Vala) shows that this is no longer - or not at the current time - of any use to us.

Therefore, it will join the graveyard until further notice.

If you feel it needs to be ressurected at a given time, please let me know via other media.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Hey, I tried to post a comment and my internet ate it. The only reason I haven't been commenting is because I've been seeing you in person so often I haven't felt the need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home