a ::the smoke zone::: forlorn in o'ahu?!

16.6.05

forlorn in o'ahu?!

A) Okay, fine. Let's get this out of the way first: What the crap is wrong with me?!
B) I realize I'm basically the only one posting at this point in time. But hey, I'm prolific - what can I say?
C) I was just about to hit 'post' on xanga when I realized -- hello, this belongs on Smoke Zone!
D) This is still in Greenwich mean time. But I don't really care. It's 22.47 here on O'ahu.
E) I know, I know. Just say you'll hit me and tell me to get over it when we meet up. I'll need that. And don't forget to be relentlessly cruel about it. Great, cheers mates!
-------
I absolutely love this place where the memories of my life began.

And yet...*sigh* I want to tell you all about this place -- about how the sun feels different from the sun that shines over Italy or Germany or England or even Ireland. I want to show you the crystal clear water and how it reflects the sky differently than the puddles of rain we're used to seeing. I want you to feel the warmth and the closeness of the tropical air that I feel as I sit here, writing this. I want you to understand this place -- I want you to see, to hear, to smell, to feel this place like I do.

But I haven't had a chance to tell you. I haven't been able to pick up the phone and dial the states where you live and tell you. But if I did, I would tell you everything I can -- but that wouldn't be enough. I'd show you pictures, but that wouldn't be right either. I'd bring it all back to you -- in a bottle, in a box, in a t-shirt, in a birthday present...but that's impossible.

I just wish you could see this, understand this, know this like I do. I wish you weren't there while I was here; I wish we weren't so far away. And yes. I'm being a school-child about this, I realize. But...

well dammit, *sigh* I miss you - I want you to see this, to know this place - and I just wanted you to know it. Chicago's way too damn far away. Washington's too damn far away. And even Oregon is just too damn far away. I'm used to sharing these sorts of things with you sort of people. I'm not used to this -- and I'd like you here. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing - and I love it. And it's great...but, well, you know.

*sigh* Soon. It won't be Kailua or Waikiki or even North Shore. I won't get to show you the first house I grew up in before the house you got to see -- but that'll be okay. It'll still be soon.

-RK

4 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Fateduel said...

And yet not soon enough.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Avi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

No more *sigh* Avi???? I feel so....soo neglected *tear*.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Well, I thought you didn't LIKE it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home