a ::the smoke zone::: So much noise, so much light, so much crap in the air...

23.5.05

So much noise, so much light, so much crap in the air...

As Ande has found her spiritual home (in a sense), I've finally returned to my physical home.
Flying in over the Lake (Lake Michigan that be) made me realise how big of a city Chicago really is. Not because the skyline looked magnificent or and kind of majesty at all, no no.
The smog.
Just...grey. I couldn't even see the skyline practically.
How is it that a country that has been around centuries longer than us, as well as being nearly only the size of Illinois, be so much cleaner?
I'm completely astounded.
One brilliant thing though, my clock is still set to Bracknell time so I can see it's 2:30 AM and I feel awake.
Here it is 8:30 PM so I forsee myself being tired at a *gasp* reasonable hour!
Anyway, I have to eat dinner now.
Care to guess what it consists of?
Laugh with me here:
potatoes and corn.

Hey, Face it Widge: I will always win this battle. I own your font. Cheers. Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas!

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Andunneana said...

You cannot escape British food! It will haunt you forever.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

I shall become the paranoid android!
Oh noes!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ralikat said...

It's a disease - that food. It afflicts us wherever we are now. Pity, isn't it?

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Avi said...

yeah, no kidding. At every B&B, barring two, breakfast was the same: toast, eggs, some form of potato, a tomato, and beans. Since I didn't eat the beans or the tomato, I was stuck with eggs and ocasionally the potato.

When I went to my sisters' school breakfast today, guess what they had? Some form of potato (it was kind of like hashbrowns but the taters were mashed) and eggs. I was horrified.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home