a ::the smoke zone::: So Sore

11.1.05

So Sore

Hi all. As you guys prepare for the quickly approaching trip back to Newbold I am doing my best to survive three days of icy skiing. I am cheered by the mere thought of skiing for three days straight but my sore muscles groan and chastise me after only a single day. You will be glad to hear that my mad cooking skills came in handy Sunday night when trying to make supper on minimal supplies.
I had brought chicken boulion, instant mashed potatoes, rice, baby edam, satsumas and mint tea with me. This was a good thing as I arrived Saturday and Rachelle and I were unable to do any further shopping until Monday.
Back to Sunday night. Low on supplies, as previously mentioned, I decided to make mashed potatoe soup. (For those of you paying close attention you have already realized that mashed potatoe soup does not actually exist and it is code for winging it) I quickly set to work cooking the rice in a chicken broth (from the boulion) and making the mashed potatoes in a second pot. Whilst I was busy with my task Rachelle was grating some of the baby edam. Upon completion of the mashed potatoes the chicken broth and rice was added to bring it to a soupy texture and cooked down to the apropriate thickness for soup. As our hungry stomachs growled we quickly ladled it into bowls and added the freshly grated edam which quickly melted from the heat of the soup. It may have simply been our hunger but I like to think it was my cooking genous that made us agree that this was a damn good meal.
The End

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Teehee way to go with winging it! You made a UFO! (Unidentified Food Object)

I've been skiing too. It rocks.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

First, I hate you both for skiing without me. Second, that just sounds frightening; slightly reminiscent of apple pie with Dr. Pepper really *wink*

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

Frightening to be sure, and yet bear in mind: the apple pie with Dr. Pepper was GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home