a ::the smoke zone::: Some gibberish made up just to make me sound more important than I really ought to be considered

16.1.05

Some gibberish made up just to make me sound more important than I really ought to be considered

If that isn't the longest title on this blog, you can smack me and call me Bucky!

But only once. Because as soon as the other smkrs read this, I am no less certain that they will each and all come up with completely ridiculously long titles just to prove their point than I am certain the sky is still blue, the grass still not hot pink, and cows still not flying around with moose antlers.

So anyway. Enough of that. It's time for twenty questions.

...Okay, no not really. I was just wondering if you would turn scarlet or puce and begin storming around the room you are currently sitting in, in complete frustration and full of bitter angst. I'm sure it really didn't work. The suspense was not nearly high enough, nor the topic really annoying enough.

But fear not! I have better plans, more complex schemes, and more detailed concepts that you will never - I say, never see coming.

So. In other news: I finally finished the first book on my reading list of the break, Year Five: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Quietly and patiently awaiting my paperback cover of The Half-Blood Prince [Note here: it is not 'prints', as was previously thought - even though I would consider that to be much more clever title.] to arrive on store shelves. Meanwhile, launching myself headlong into Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven, which is already a witty and thought provoking little book.

I've found several great quotable lines littered throughout its pages. Here are a few quick examples to set your mind a whirl before the start of term:

All endings are beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.

People didn't go to ocean piers much anymore; they went to theme parks where you paid $75 a ticket and had your photo taken with a giant furry creature.

No story sits by itself.

As far as he could tell, when your time came, it came, and that was that. You might say something smart on your way out, but you might just as easily say something stupid.

The running boy is inside every man, no matter how old he gets.

That is what heaven is for. For understanding your life on earth.

When you are an outcast, even a tossed stone can be cherished.

Fairness does not govern life and death.

Strangers are just family you have yet to come to know.

And one of my personal favorites thus far: No life is a waste. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

-RK

3 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Your evil plan has failed! No puce here. (Puce is such an ugly word for a lovely color. Like pulchritude is an extremely ugly word that means "beauty". Ironic, Neh?)

Some information for you: I convinced my Dad we needed Cheez-its so I could pay you back, so to speak, for all the ones I ate, but he forgot to get the individual packets. I'm thinking I'll just put them in ziploc bags and bring them anyway; what do you think? Oh, and I also am bringing Easy Mac.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

Brilliant, just brilliant.
Oh, not your post Rali, I mean the tidbit about easy mac and cheez-its.
As for your post: mediocre, with subtle hints of hidden talent.
I nearly did turn a scarlet or puce hue and storm around the room but I figured I stood out enough being completely lost in a foreign country.
Of course, lost as in not understanding anything I hear, not lost with reference to location.
And as for Harry Potter, now we can all finally talk about it!
Of course, now it won't be as fun, but anyway ;)
And as for books that have struck attention bells at the hour of "interesting!" I too have drunkenly stumbled upon a delightful novel that I procured at a W.H. Smith in Heathrow in a last desperate attempt to kill the few hours of time I had until my Parisian flight.
Oh, they fought well...they fought well...
But fortunately for me, and unfortunately for them, I found this book entitled The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which I admit is a rather odd name, but still a gorgeous book.
So, either go immediately to the store and buy said book for instantaneous readage (good option) or wait for me to get back from Paris, enevitably finished, and borrow it from me (lame option).
This is a long comment...

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

oh by the way...
*smack*
Bucky!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home