a ::the smoke zone::: Divination?

21.8.05

Divination?

Seeing as someone needs to put an end to Av's flaming habit of posting links and commenting on them, I'm posting.

About what? Well, come on, I hadn't gotten that far. The thought came something a little like this: Damn, she is going to do it again!. You'd better do something, Rali, because if you don't - you will be sitting there reading yet another link and comtemplating the sanity of your poor dear friend. No one need end up like that. So, do something about it!.

And so, I did.

But what I'm doing about it is well, not quite as organized or thought out as it ought to have been. No great moral tales or heart-wrenching epitaths or analysis of something really relevant. In fact, this is actually probably significantly more pointless than Av's silly link posts. But hey, that's what comes of listening to this ol' mind, doesn't it?

Nonesense. That's what I'm full of. Nonesense, silliness. The capacity to come up with things like Romans taking over London, the world, and the universe through commerce, through capitalism. Phrases like "butt awesome" and "squeebly". Images that cause dreams of sitting on my computer and talking on the internet - which I realize is completely, utterly pointless. Ideas like microwaves that freeze and cars that run on magnets and a room full of butterflies in some two-room apartment in Virginia, because it'd be aweseom. Butt awesome.

And really, when the mind spawns things like that - it should probably be ignored. Yet, here I am. Not ignoring it. Tip-tap-typing it all out for you poor lowly readers to actually catch a glimpse of it in something sort of like real-time.

Hmm. Maybe I should just apologize for that.

Then, again, maybe I won't.

Either way, it is what it is. And it's the best I can do to foil her.

-RK

18 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Ralikat said...

And PS to Av: Update Joint Effort, Woman!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Avi said...

First of all, my scanner is utterpoopcrap right now and as such I cannot scan in the completed "Head of gold" comic. I will notify you all when it decides to start working again.

Hehehe, yes, please break up my inane linkages - although perhaps you are right about YOURS not being any better.

In my defense, I do this because when I read something funny I immediately think "I wonder what the smkrs would think of THAT?" This should be a good thing - it means I still think of you all the time! That's why I put these things up - and also because I generally have nothing better to do.

But really, random babbling is VERY entertaining and no matter how pointless your drivel may be, I DO have fun reading it. Ummm.. did I say pointless drivel? I meant UTTER PROFUNDITY!

PS. Do you still have Addy? I lost my Roman again.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

I think the random babbling is what makes this blog what it is. I mean, the comments we make are vastly more entertaining to read in the long run.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

I would have to agree with the Widgester on this one. And yet, does it manage to redeem my pointless drivel?

Hmmm....

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Valakun said...

You people are so weird, going on and on about such pointless things. It's really irritating.
.
.
On that note has anyone ever wondered why the stop light colors are what they are? I mean why green, yellow, and red? Thoughts? ;P

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

Red because it is a very strong color and draws your attention.
Green because it is soothing and calming.
Yellow? Hell if I know.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

Yellow because it is the color of pee. And when you have to pee you drive faster, so as to avoid danger. Danger of wetting your pants...danger of getting hit by running what is potentially a red light.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Avi said...

You guys are totally missing the subtle point in Vala's comment. Well, it shouldn't be subtle, but apparently too much for you... Did anyone NOT notice the deliberate irony there, or did you just choose to ignore it, and if so, why? This world needs more irony, and even if it doesn't, the already existing irony needs more recognition. It'd be a very boring world without it.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Whoa. That wasn't actually SUPPOSED to be a rant.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Andunneana said...

Do you realize how many comments we have now made on this one post? And then you notice that half of them stem not from the post but from Vala's comment. Maybe we should just make him an honorary smoker so we can have more posts and fewer comments per post.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Thanks Avi, I'm glad someone said something. I was beginning to question the sanity of your fellow smkers. But then of course sanity has always been in question with this group. ;P

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

I have a feeling "Annonymous" is spamming us.

As for Vala's comment. I thought the irony was obvious enough. I didn't think obvious irony was any more deserving of a comment than blatant, useless rabble. But then again, this post does have 15 comments now. Oh well.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Eh, you're right Ralikat, it really didn't need a comment. Someone post a new subject before this thing hits 20.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

a new subject...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Fateduel said...

Before this thing hits 20? I thought that was the goal?

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

It totally is. See, we're so close. I mean, what on earth would be do if it never reached 20?!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Fateduel said...

As tempting as it would be to have left this post at 19 with what you just said as the last comment, I just have to steal the 20th.
*stolen*
Booya.
You can rest assured that in an alternate universe we are being delighted at the perfect ironic humor of this post only having 19 comments.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

Psh. What sort of lame, overexplative comment?

You totally fail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home