a ::the smoke zone::: I need to stop doing this (Alternately titled "I did it and I'll do it again!")

18.8.05

I need to stop doing this (Alternately titled "I did it and I'll do it again!")

I keep telling myself this'll be the last link to something else I'll put up as an excuse for a 'post', and then I go and do it again. But some of them are so downright funny!

(some weren't, it's true, and I apologize. But I think one's hilarious!)

78-year-old indicted in love triangle killing

Maybe it's just my ocassionally dark sense of humor. I suppose I should feel sorry for the old guy, but:

a.) He was almost in the grave anyway *Avi cringes immediately and guiltily at the callousnes of that statement*
b.) He was totally two-timing her! (well, maybe not, but 78 year olds have feelings too, and he totally dumped her!)
c.)It's Georgia. (That's no reason at all but I just felt the need, as a West-Coastie, to point this out *evil grin*)

I am a horrible excuse for a human being, did you know that?

Anyway, I'll try to make up for this rash of pathetic linkages and give y'all a bit o' news.

...

Ok, I tried. I have no news. I have nothing. I have high cholesterol - well I guess that's something, and it's news, but it's on the depressing side and I really don't want to know what the results of that bone-density scan are going to be, and I failed my driver's test and am trying again in a week but I still haven't been practicing and I was happy yesterday thinking about this coming school year and isn't that pathetic?

Ok all done. We live in a world where 78-year-old ladies shoot their 85-year-old ex-boyfriends with antique handguns, and we laugh hysterically. Maybe I should just throw in the towel now.

6 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

To be honest, I'd throw it in. Maybe I have. Who knows.

But if I haven't yet, I'm certainly going to.

This world's too damn depressing and I've got too many voices calling out too many doubts, telling me I can't do a damn thing to change it.

(See, I told you I needed you.) God save me from myself 'cuz heaven knows I can't.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

woot (that's RIGHT!). That comment was cheery, wasn't it?!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Valakun said...

Wow, thats just...wow. I wonder what kinda gun it was.
.
.
Anyway. Who says you need to be cheery? Cheery can get very boring very fast. Besides, artistic muses aren't prone to whisper when you're bouncin off the walls. ;)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Hehe, Rali, that's all right. By the time I got to the end of the post (as you can tell) that's pretty much the mood I was in.

Last night I dreamt Ariane died, and I felt waves of guilt upon waking up for writing this post, for all its pathos and sarcasm. How's that for cheeriness?

You sait w00t! I won't be letting you forget that, now. *evil grin*

And Vala, you WOULD wonder what kind of antique handgun it was, wouldn't you? Too bad we will never know...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Ralikat said...

No, no, Av. A correction - I said woot. Not w00t. A significantly monumental difference. Please, do respect it ;0D

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

It was totally a Smith & Wesson Model 36 - "Ladysmith"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home