a ::the smoke zone::: My impossibly brilliant invention

9.3.06

My impossibly brilliant invention

This, my friends, is truly smkrworthy, if I do say so myself. The idea came, roundabout, from a conversation between two of my friends (posted on Peace Outside yesIamtoolazytogiveitaproperlink). Basically, Liz was comparing Thomas Aquinus to the smell of apple cider (nice and soothing), and I started calling it "Applequinus". Suddenly I had an idea for a line of drinks (or perhaps ice cream flavors?) based on the names of famous philosophers. Ergo:

Applequinus

Cocamus

Espresserasmus

Vamilla

Butterscotchrates

Pico della Melondola

Macchiatavelli


And my two favorites:

Pearistotle

Hazelnietzsche

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

God, I REALLY love those last two. A LOT.

Also, Butterscotchrates and Cocamus were Liz's brilliant contributions.

And I am not sure about a few, some may need tweaking (Vamilla, for example. Would it be better as Caramill? I think maybe so.) I still need to find flavors for some of the more difficult ones - Plato, Epicurus, Boethius, Weil, Rousseau, Locke, and so on. Please give me suggestions, neh?

8 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Added: Marxmallow. Another fabulous one from Liz.

Also perhaps Locke-té? Lockté? What's the least retarded spelling? I am also fiddling with Rousseauberry...

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Fateduel said...

HOLY CRAP that is absolutely genious!!
I want to go to a coffee shop that sells ice-creams named like that.
That would be a cool coffee shop.
You win the award of the month.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Yes, I can totally see philosophy in a coffee-shop setting.

Oh, and YAY SOMEBODY CARES THAT I POSTED! Plus I am glad that you think it's as awesome as I do. I was beginning to worry since nobody seemed to care.

Yay! Award! What is it?

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Ralikat said...

In the words of Widgster, this is facking awesome!

Oh, and I was thinking of something along the lines of Epicurilyptus -- or something. (Curilyptus really sounds much better, but doesn't get across the name too well)

Or how about Passionfreud? Kantconut?

Also, you could toy with Weildberry as well.

Then there's Descarte and Lecan, who I can't think of anything for.

Haha! Someone ought to inform Ande that we're working on the beginnings of that Italian cafe shop!

((also, I have to attribute Widge; I can't steall all the credit :P))

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Andunneana said...

Ande is not uninformed. Ande is simply dealing with the craziness of life with upcoming finals and trip. Besides, I don't really know many philosopher's outside of the household names. But trust me, I will steal the names when I open my gelato shop.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Andunneana said...

I actually posted earlier this week but for some reason it is only visible when you go to post another comment and not in the normal place. Here is the original, much maligned comment.
Ande is not uninformed. Ande is
simply dealing with the
craziness of life with upcoming
finals and trip. Besides, I
don't really know many
philosopher's outside of the
household names. But trust me, I
will steal the names when I open
my gelato shop.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Ralikat said...

Who is Cocamus?

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Cocoa + Camus. (Camus wrote The Plague) one of our first, so it's not as good as some of the others. I think Liz suggested Kantconut too!

And just keep in mind that Weil is pronounced "vay"

I think anything eucalyptus flavored would be gross, although the name is good...

Passionfreud = AWESOME.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home