a ::the smoke zone::: Avi is all creative and stuff!

27.4.07

Avi is all creative and stuff!

So, I actually posted this in my OWN BLOG (NOOO, SAY IT ISN'T SO! CAN SUCH A THING BE POSSIBLE?) but just in case no one ever visits it anymore due to the disgusting lack of activity, I should show y'all here too.

Basically, I have this rather interesting class this quarter called "Aesthetics in Image and Text," which is a rather mysterious title in and of itself, and the class is much like it - very difficult to explain what it is about. I'd say it mostly explores rhetoric and the sort of traditions we as westerners have absorbed without even realizing how rhetorical they are. Case in point: the concept of the "Nuclear Family." We don't even realize how artificial the roles we have assigned to the family are unless something shakes that up.

Which is exactly what I have tried to do in this 60-second video that was one of the class requirements. And it makes me giggle oh so very much.

Nuclear Family

I love my friends here...

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Valakun said...

Thats kinda creepy Avi. At least that last little bit is.

I've never been a fan of the phrase "nuclear family" mainly cause the name makes me think of cookie cutter suburban houses going up in little mushroom clouds. And with the way things are in society today you'd think thats what does happen to real famailies since they seem so rare now. With the craziness that is modern life maybe "nuclear" families are doomed to go boom.

Meh, anyway cool film.

I doubt we'll see anyone else comment here for a while, what with the rest of the group off in Hawaii growing up. (sigh)

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Avi said...

I know. I am so depressed that I could not go. And now it looks like I can't go to the reception in July, either, because that's when I get back from Ireland. Bugger.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Valakun said...

Sigh...well that stinks. We'll have to take lots of pictures if thats the case. . . . If it was just you not having the money i'd have Ande give the ticket she got for me when she got bumped. You guys need to be together for something like this. I can't fill your spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home