a ::the smoke zone::: Vehicularly Challenged...

26.7.07

Vehicularly Challenged...

As of yesterday I am back to my pre-target days. That is to say I no longer have a car. Someone plucked it from the curb in front of my house in broad daylight and took off with it, leaving, I later found out, a similar make and model car just yards away. My car, being the older toyota that it is/was, was extremely easy to break into seeing as they only ever made 4 different keys for that entire line of cars until recently. I reported it and the police came by and said they'd look into it but I don't have high hopes. Toyotas are so common that spare parts are in constant demand so I think it's safe to say that my car has found its way to a chop shop. Luckily for me I kept very little in my car of any value. The radio was stollen over a year and a half ago, probably by the same guys, and I never replaced it. The only things that were worth anything were my rain gear for work and my nice sun hat.

My wings have been plucked...

Edit: Less than a day after I posted this I got word that my car had been found downtown and towed. I just got back from getting it. Everything is pretty much where I left it. My rain gear isn't there though and neither is my change jar. Instead i've got a sig butt and the smell of lingering smoke. Oh well, at least I got it back.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Fateduel said...

Why on earth would anyone bother?
All for the sake of rain clothes and loose change?
A desperate bum?
A random kleptomaniacal passerby?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home