a ::the smoke zone::: I can't handle this.

1.9.07

I can't handle this.

Hot.
Every day now I feel like I ascend into hell, climbing the stairs to our bedroom oven.
I don't understand how anyone could possibly think, "Ooo, a good place to live would be a desert."
And the damn grass everywhere; all it does is die! People waste so much water and time trying to get their stupid lawns green and full when it was never meant to live in this kind of climate anyway! And if you don't water for one night the grass is semi-brown the next afternoon.
And any plants, except for quaint cacti, wilt and lose their blossoms after one night of forgetting to water them. And after a week they die. That's lame. My mother once went on a trip to Florida for nearly a month while I was gone and all her plants were wilted sure but they weren't dead. And then I watered them faithfully every day for a week and they came back to full bloom.
The plants here I have nearly watered everyday for a month now and they refuse to look anything other than disgusted with their world and wishing they could just give up and go already.
Well, except for the roses in the backyard. They look nice. And we cut a few to make pretty decorations in our windows. But everything else looks like "bleeeeehhhh".
Everything that lives here just hates it. Except for the stupid humans.
We saw a squirrel come out today and start to run on the wall. After a few bounds it started slowing and then sat its butt down. Then it full out splayed on the wall.
Squirrels can't even handle the heat and they are known for being always cracked out.
I'll post a picture when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home